- Do you need help improving the quality of teaching and learning, identifying weaknesses or responding to inspections?
- Would you like to work on making your workplace and training environment more accessible to those who struggle with literacy or language issues?
- Do you need to embed a new approach, initiative or development across your organisation but don’t know how to go about it?
Seedbed Consulting Ltd works with individuals, organisations and across partnerships to provide a range of support, whatever your need.
Seedbed director Amanda has extensive experience with language, literacy and numeracy, including work on a number of government quality improvement programmes. She has also worked at senior level both within a large adult learning provider and for a Learning and Skills Council.
We have experience in:
Quality Improvement Support
- Working with managers and staff to identify and address areas of weakness in teaching and learning, including retention, progression and achievement
- Improving the effectiveness of the quality improvement process and Service Performance Management
- Developing plans and sharing good practice to address both general organisational approaches and specific areas of need, such as Observation of Teaching, Learning and Assessment, performance data and management, the learner journey, VLEs and improving teaching and learning
Improving language and literacy
- Improving the written and verbal language and literacy skills of individuals to make a difference to the quality of your communications and the ability of staff to understand policies, complete paperwork effectively and benefit from training and development.
- Embedding literacy, language and numeracy across your organisation, improving and simplifying your documents, posters, policies and commonly used paperwork
- Adapting documents and training materials for different audiences, and to make them more accessible for those with lower levels of literacy
Other organisational support
- Developing managers and other staff whose main business is not learning to design, deliver and evaluate learning programmes
- Training to roll out new initiatives and training packages, including Functional Skills, vocational careers training, Apprenticeships and non-graded teaching observations
- Writing strategic and delivery plans for learning
For examples of our previous work, please click on one of the buttons on the left